}

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ten Wishes for Advertising People And Agencies In 2013

                                                         
                                                 

1)  I wish everyone a banner year, filled with new accounts, profits and great work.

2)  I wish that agencies figure out how to negotiate with clients so that they can make enough money to insure a fair profit and to service their clients in a manner which maximizes the relationship and the work.

3)  I wish that agencies were confident enough to say no to clients when necessary and yes when it is sensible to do so.

4)  I wish that agencies would hire the best people for the job, regardless of their background.

5)  I wish that agencies figure out how to truly get to know their clients’ business so that they can once again become marketing and sales partners.

6)  I wish that agencies practice what they preach: their only asset is people.  People need to be valued, coddled and nurtured.

7)  I wish raises for all those executives who are long overdue.

8)  I wish that the truly best agency is hired at the end of every pitch.

9)  I wish that the silos truly came down and agencies learn to become integrated and media neutral.

10)  I wish that agencies should go back to the system of executive account rotations which were in effect years ago.  This would lower turnover by eliminating the need for executives who feel stale to have to seek new jobs in order to renew themselves.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Paul. If only one wish could come true, I bet that #8 just might take care of all the rest. Hee hee. Happy New Year...Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best to you too Paul. I hope we can do some real business together this year.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul,

    I wish that the world shifts from the current commodity driven agency services model to one where agencies can differentiate themselves based on solutions offered.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up, this weekend is good in favor of me, because this moment i am reading this great educational piece of writing here at my home.

    my site; http://www.cooneelee.com/it/hotel
    My page > prenotazione alberghi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Share like this Valuable Information with us. Do you need San Francisco Ad Agency? We are HotStoneCommunications.Com, a unique marketing and PR agency located in the San Francisco Bay Area.We are in here to help you.You can just contact with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not use this website to promote your company. I will erase further posts.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would welcome your comments, suggestions or anything you would like to share with me or my readers.

 
Creative Commons License
.